Lock Stock Boutique

Welcome to my blog! Random musings and sewing updates!

shabby blog

Thursday 8 July 2010

Cushion making!

Well, Bath was lovely. Weather was hot too which is always handy. Dipped into the Cath Kidston shop and had a look at the sale things but only invested in a vintage style pin tin! Next to Paperchase to buy a 'contacts / ideas' book. Any excuse... but it is lovely and matches the owl on my blog.
Sold a bit of bunting this week and also had a few commissions as well. Word is beginning to get around!
I'm doing a stall on Saturday in aid of Marie Curie. Haven't got a huge amount of stock to take but it is more of a networking morning. I've made a bit of bunting, have got my cards obviously but then decided, as I always do, I launched myself into a new idea!
I've been wanting to make some Union Jack style cushions for ages. Slight problem, I have never made a cushion in my life! I had no pattern but got cutting! I used the Heather Bailey Nicey Jane material that I bought last week and used some materials from my stash together with some of my bunting tape. Made a simple envelope cushion. Very pleased with the result. Will put them on my stall on Saturday. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cushions Emma they are fab !! love Clair xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clair. They will be in my folksy shop very soon!

    ReplyDelete