Lock Stock Boutique

Welcome to my blog! Random musings and sewing updates!

shabby blog

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Russian doll tote bag

Holiday well and truly over, house still needs sorting out from a month away but Lock Stock Boutique is calling! Desperately need to start building up stock ready for my official opening on 10th September!
So tonight I have been working on this tote bag.

 It's a lovely lime green 100% cotton tote bag and I have lined it with some lovely vintage material I found on a recent trawl.


I then used the lovely Russian doll material from the fabulous Kokka team.


I'm going to give this one to a good friend of mine who suggested I made these. She is going to use it and abuse it to let me know how it stands up to everyday wear and wash. Once I'm satisfied that it is a tough cookie I will make them in shocking pink, lime green, turquoise and natural unbleached cotton.

Also, I'm trying to source some nice cotton woven tags to put inside my bags, on my bunting etc. Has anyone got any good links to contemporary designs. Have tried all the big companies and not too impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment